About the Committee
The United Student Government (USG) Sustainability Committee seeks to make our university a sustainable institution. We believe that as a Jesuit university, Fordham has a responsibility to care for the continuing health of the planet and its people. Our objective is to pursue concrete, effective initiatives that advance the goal of a healthy, viable future. We push every student, faculty, and staff member to reduce their present environmental impact while also seeking to imbue them with a long-term sustainable mindset.
Please contact the Chairperson, Maggie Tattersfield, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sustainability Committee Meetings are open to all students. Weekly meetings are held in Campbell Multipurpose on Wednesdays at 6:30pm EST.
The Sustainability Committee seeks to advocate for student interests in the area of Sustainability
- Acts as a liaison to the Sustainability Council, administration, faculty, staff, and the student body about issues of sustainability.
- Serves as student body representatives on issues in sustainability.
- Advocates for a shift towards a sustainable culture on campus.
- Oversees the implementation of sustainable changes within the Fordham community and follows through on the progress and maintenance of these initiatives.
- Identifies key issues of sustainability on campus by surveying the state of campus sustainability, as well as consulting other students about their concerns and bringing them to the attention of the committee.
USG Sustainability Committee Statement on Fast Fashion
Spring 2021 Subcommittees and Subcommittee Liaisons
- 100% Renewable Energy with Environment America, Molly Gleason
- Dining, Nicolette Makris and Grace Dailey
- Eco-Reps, Josephine Cohen, Molly Gleason, and Olivia Macdonald
- Fordham Flea, Lauren Cassot and Liz Shim
- Recycling, Caitlin Reilly and Allen Wang
- Events, Kendall Cascell and Jonathan Eng
- Landscaping with Herbicide Free Campus, Anthony Kraus and Amelia Medved
- Communications, Andrew Falduto
- Change the Chamber, Colin Murphy
Liz Shim, Chair
Olivia Frantzeskos, Vice-Chair
Stephen Esposito, OSI Advisor
Amelia Medved, Landscaping Liaison
Andre Pulumbarit, Communications Liaison
Bridget Gillon, Dining Liaison
Caitlin Reed, Change the Chamber Liaison
Hannah Hoeller, Fordham Flea Liaison
Ian Gere, Recycling Liaison
Josephine Cohen, Eco-Reps Liaison
Lauren Larsen, Events Liaison
Lucy Conlin, Eco-Reps Liaison
Saaya Hori, Events Liaison
Sophia Rust, Dining Liaison
Tayler Rogers, 100% Renewable Energy Liaison
Tierney Kulju, Landscaping Liaison