About the Committee
The United Student Government (USG) Sustainability Committee seeks to make our university a sustainable institution. We believe that as a Jesuit university, Fordham has a responsibility to care for the continuing health of the planet and its people. Our objective is to pursue concrete, effective initiatives that advance the goal of a healthy, viable future. We push every student, faculty, and staff member to reduce their present environmental impact while also seeking to imbue them with a long-term sustainable mindset.
Please contact the Chairperson, Maggie Tattersfield, at email@example.com.
Sustainability Committee Meetings are open to all students. Weekly meetings are held in Campbell Multipurpose on Wednesdays at 6:30pm EST.
The Sustainability Committee seeks to advocate for student interests in the area of Sustainability
- Acts as a liaison to the Sustainability Council, administration, faculty, staff, and the student body about issues of sustainability.
- Serves as student body representatives on issues in sustainability.
- Advocates for a shift towards a sustainable culture on campus.
- Oversees the implementation of sustainable changes within the Fordham community and follows through on the progress and maintenance of these initiatives.
- Identifies key issues of sustainability on campus by surveying the state of campus sustainability, as well as consulting other students about their concerns and bringing them to the attention of the committee.
USG Sustainability Committee Statement on Fast Fashion
Spring 2021 Subcommittees and Subcommittee Liaisons
- 100% Renewable Energy with Environment America, Molly Gleason
- Dining, Nicolette Makris and Grace Dailey
- Eco-Reps, Josephine Cohen, Molly Gleason, and Olivia Macdonald
- Fordham Flea, Lauren Cassot and Liz Shim
- Recycling, Caitlin Reilly and Allen Wang
- Events, Kendall Cascell and Jonathan Eng
- Landscaping with Herbicide Free Campus, Anthony Kraus and Amelia Medved
- Communications, Andrew Falduto
- Change the Chamber, Colin Murphy
Allen Wang, Recycling Liaison
Amelia Medved, Landscaping Liaison
Andrew Falduto, Communications Liaison
Anthony Kraus, Landscaping Liaison
Caitlin Reilly, Recycling Liaison
Colin Murphy, Change the Chamber Liaison
Gerardo Galiano, Facilities Advisor
Grace Dailey, Dining Liaison
Jonathan Eng, Events Liaison
Josephine Cohen, Eco-Reps Liaison
Kendall Cascell, Events Liaison
Kristina Stevanovic, Co-Chair*
Lauren Cassot, Fordham Flea Liaison
Liz Shim, Fordham Flea Liaison
Maggie Tattersfield, Chair*
Molly Gleason, 100% Renewable Energy and Eco-Reps Liaison
Nicolette Makris, Dining Liaison
Olivia Macdonald, Eco-Reps Liaison
Stephen Esposito, OSI Advisor