Diversity Action Coalition
About the Committee
The Diversity Action Coalition (DAC), formed in the Fall of 2015 in response to several bias incidents, seeks to:
- make Fordham a more culturally competent, socially conscious, and inclusive environment for students of all racial, ethnic, religious, gender, and sexual identities through the pursuit of tangible change.
- provide a safe space for students to express thoughts, concerns, and ideas regarding diversity and inclusion at Fordham.
- collaborate with student groups and University departments to celebrate and advocate for the interests of diverse students at Fordham.
- represent the concerns of Fordham students regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion to pursue interdisciplinary and student life oriented changes on campus.
The Coalition provides an outlet for student leaders of various clubs and organizations on campus to create initiatives that will promote greater acceptance and understanding of diversity within the Fordham community.
Meetings are open to all students. Weekly meetings are held on Mondays at 6pm in Campbell ILC 124.
Please reach out to the committee chairperson at email@example.com for any questions or concerns.
- Bronx Appreciation Week
- DEI Workshops
- On-Campus Accessibility
Nyla Patel (Chair)
Nicola D’Abundo (Vice Chair)
Ananya Grover (Accessibility Co-Head)
Deborah Adebanjo (DEI Workshops Head)
Francesca Stella (Publicity Head)
Isabella De Guzman
Laila Sayegh (Accessibility Co-Head)
Mark Cubi (Bronx Appreciation Co-Head)
Natasha Tretter (Bronx Appreciation Co-Head)
Sara Starace (Programming Head)
- American Sign Language (ASL) Program Proposal
- Updated Proposal for Addition of Indigenous Peoples’ Day on Fordham’s Academic Calendar
- Mandating Cultural Competency Workshops for D1 Athletic Teams
- Expanding Opportunities for MENA Students
- Proposal for Increased Braille/Deaf Accommodations on Campus
- On-Campus Mutual Aid